to my mind comes a hymn that is very special to me:
Each step I take my Saviour goes before me,
and with His loving hand He leads the way,
And with each breath I whisper "I adore Thee"
Oh what joy to walk with Him each day!
Each step I take ... I know that He will guide me ...
To higher ground He ever leads me on.
Until some day the last step will be taken.
Each - step - I - take - just - leads - me - closer - home.
At times I feel my faith begin to waver,
When up ahead I see a chasm wide.
It's then I turn and look up to my Saviour,
I am strong when He is by my side.
Each step I take ... I know that He will guide me ...
To higher ground He ever leads me on.
Until some day the last step will be taken.
Each - step - I - take - just - leads - me - closer - home.
I trust in God, no matter come what may,
For life eternal is in His hand.
He holds the key that open up the way,
That will lead me to the promised land.
Each step I take ... I know that He will guide me ...
To higher ground He ever leads me on.
Until some day the last step will be taken.
Each - step - I - take - just - leads - me - closer - home.
And so ... each step I take just leads me closer home. :)
After our few days in Los Angeles, we flew to Barranquilla where we stayed nearly a week with the believers there. How touching it is to be picked up (nearly at midnight) by believers and shown hospitality when you have never met personally before!! The amazingness of belonging to the Lord's people, indeed!!!
Just a few days after we arrived, Mum and Dad Smith, and Ferne, arrived there also on their return from the missionary conference in Canada.
It was so nice to be in Colombia once more ... but then to travel down to Sincelejo, the city where I'd lived since I was 8 years old ... that certainly was going home!! How I loved each moment of those maybe 6 weeks in Sincelejo .. sitting on the same seats at the hall ... walking the same few blocks to go to the meetings... It felt like I'd just gone back in time.
Whilst in the north of Colombia, we were able to visit many other different areas as well (Caucasia, El Tesoro, Los Manguitos, Macajan, ... Pereira and Santa Rosa ... Cartagena).
At the beginning of July we travelled by bus to Valencia, Venezuela. Our base was in Maracay, although there were a couple of weeks with mum and dad in El Mene, some nights, days or maybe a week away for Willians with special meetings. A highlight of our time, or should I say life saver , well, special moments to relax, recover spirits and go on ... was our 2 weeks with Victor and Mary in Valencia. Only the Lord knows what a blessing it was to be in their home!!
After Valencia, we spent a week away as a family ... aaaaahhhhh :)
Michelle also had her first birthday in Maracay ... it was so nice to spend both the day of her birthday as well as the Saturday afterwards with family and friends.
![]() |
| not too sure about these presents |
![]() |
| with the cake she was given, as well as dress :) |
![]() |
| birthday girl with abuela and grandparents |
![]() |
| the family |
From Maracay, we travelled to El Vigia and Merida, then on to San Cristobal, San Antonio and across the border to Cucuta, where we stayed for a week.
We flew from Cucuta to Bogota then on to Barranquilla where I stayed for a week with the children and Willians went down to Sincelejo for a short visit to see Manuel Gordon who has since gone home to be with the Lord. <3 font="">3>
From Barranquilla we flew to Panama city, took an overnight bus to Cuidad de David, where we then stayed with Marcos and Sara for 2 weeks. The time in Panama, though busy with meetings, visits of Marcos and Willians, and lots of schoolwork for us ... was a refreshing breath ... after the heat in Colombia, now to be in a cooler area, overlooking the breathtaking creation .... aaaaahhhhhh.
| the amazing view from our "home" in Panama |
| with the believers in Dolega |
| Marcos and Sara, serving the Lord in Panama |
From Panama we stopped over in Los Angeles, and once more blessed to be able to stay with special Christian friends who made us feel very welcome and at home. Another big blessing was to be able to enjoy time sitting and listening to God's Word in special meeting in the assembly at Culver City. God is good indeed.




No comments:
Post a Comment