Wednesday, January 23, 2013

A New Homeschooling Year 2013

Today was our first day of homeschooling for 2013. We did it differently; we had fun!!

 Last week, when I tidied up and reorganized the schoolroom, I secretly changed it all around ... and seeing the boys were out playing happily in the back yard, I locked it up when I finished and left it as a surprise for them to see on our first day of school!!

They loved it, except the fact that both big boys would be using the same table for their schoolwork and now the desk, is mine (especially the drawers for all our office/school papers). 

We started with our usual time of prayer and Bible reading. We read lots of verses in Psalm 119. 

Reading the Bible


After our Bible reading, we had a special treat ... a "snow flake" chocolate ... white chocolate flake, covered in brown chocolate!! Quite healthy, I'm sure! Then, we started our fun lapbook of "All about Me". Very soon, all three boys were happily working and we had papers all over the table. We all worked for several hours without complaining :) and without even asking for a break!!

Showing off some sticker tattoos we found ... and decided "why not"?!

Timothy and Mummy settled for one on their hand!! 

grrrrr ... :D

Proud of their first time ever tattoos..
Busy Boys
Timothy with his lapbook in process! 



More progress... 



Our "official" photograph on the swings!! 


Jumping fun ... 



More jumping challenges ...

How about some ... um ... sledding over the dirt and grass??!


All in a days work ... to be continued ... tomorrow!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment